The Policy applies solely to the website owned and operated by the National Trust of Trinidad and Tobago (‘Website’) and outlines how We handle, store and process the personal identifiable information You provide to Us.
2.0 PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Through Our Website, We intend to provide information that will not only help members and visitors learn about and experience historic places but also build better communities. Personal identifiable information may be requested for the following purposes:-
- As a membership-based organisation established by the National Trust Act of Trinidad and Tobago Chap. 40:53 (‘the Act’), We collect personal information from persons who apply for or renew membership in the National Trust in accordance with the Act and its Rules;
- The email address You provide may be used to send You information, respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions;
- For the conduct and processing of transactions on the Website;
- To send You information, respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
If You provide the National Trust with Your personal identifiable information, We will not share that information without your consent subject to the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago. Please note that if You provide Your personal identifiable information on a public forum (e.g. a blog), We shall not be responsible for monitoring these transmissions and shall not be responsible for the disclosure of such personal information in such transmissions.
3.0 PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
This Policy abides by the General Privacy Principles outlined in the Data Protection Act when dealing with personally identifiable information which includes, but is not limited to:
- information relating to the race, nationality or ethnic origin, religion, age, or marital status of the individual providing the information;
- any identifying number, symbol or other particular designed to identify the individual;
- the address and telephone contact number of the individual.
While there is no need to register or provide personal information when visiting Our Website, there are occasions when We will ask You for additional information. These include:
- registration of your name and e-mail address or other personal information to access certain member-only areas or conduct transactions on Our Website;
- registration of Your name and e-mail, address and other information if You wish to receive e-newsletters, event information, participate in special initiatives or in surveys or contests promoted by Us. It is Your choice to provide such information, and You may opt out from receiving any of this type of information;
- Online Registration as a member or volunteer of the National Trust by providing personally identifiable information, such as your name, physical address, e-mail address and phone number;
- Online purchases or donations by providing personally identifiable information, such as your name, physical address, e-mail address and phone number.
Please note that We do not capture or store credit card or banking information of users of Our Website.
Personal information provided to Us shall be accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes indicated by Us. You are advised to update your profile online if You are registered with the National Trust and submit an address change request if You are not already registered.
4.0 WEBPAGE SHARING
If You elect to share pages from Our Website with friends, colleagues or on social media sites, We ask for the recipient’s name and e-mail address. The National Trust will automatically send the recipient a one-time message inviting them to visit Our Website. The National Trust uses the recipient’s information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail, and the recipient information is not retained.
5.0 PERSONALLY INDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN USER CONTENT
Some sections of Our Website may allow users to post or transmit messages, comments, screen names, computer files and other materials. We encourage Your written contributions, creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, photos and other materials but be advised that any content You submit to the Website will not be returned to You and may be used by Us in any manner We at our sole discretion deem fit, including reprinting it in full or in a modified version on Our Website or published elsewhere using elements thereof. You will not be entitled to remuneration for any use of Your content by the National Trust.
You are solely responsible for the content You transmit on the Website. We are not obligated to monitor such transmissions, and We shall not be responsible for any personally identifiable information or other information that may be contained in such transmissions. You agree not to transmit through the Website any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, or harmful material of any kind or nature.
6.0 LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may provide links to third party websites existing outside the National Trust. Since We do not control the content or functionality of these websites, We encourage You to review the privacy policies posted on third party websites. Any link from Our Website to a third party website shall not be construed as an affiliation with such website nor an endorsement of its viewpoint(s) or mission(s).
7.0 CO-BRANDED PARTNERS
8.0 THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
We use third party advertising companies to service ads when You visit Our Website. These companies may use aggregated information (not including Your name, address, e-mail, or telephone number) about Your visits to the Website to advertise goods and services of interest to You.
9.0 SECURITY OF YOUR CREDIT CARD and banking INFORMATION
All information provided to the National Trust is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that allows Your browser to automatically encrypt or scramble data before You send it to Us. We also protect National Trust account information by placing it on secure portions of Our Website that are only accessible by certain qualified employees of the National Trust. Credit card and other banking information is always encrypted during transfer over networks and We do not have access to this information and such transactions are processed by a highly secure third party payment portal (WiPay).