Job Description – Outreach Assistant
Interested parties are invited to submit a cover letter, CV and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th April 2021 at 4:00PM.
The Outreach Officer supports the execution of the strategic plan of the National Trust of Trinidad and Tobago through the execution of the objectives of the Business Development, Marketing, Education & Outreach Unit.
Specifically, the role supports events, promotions and engages in stakeholder management for the Trust that supports the attainment of goals for revenue generation, membership management, marketing, image management and public relations strategy. It also supports the legal mandate of the Trust in areas or heritage conservation and public education. Promotions and events may include but are not limited to:-theatrical shows, tours, exhibitions, concerts, conferences, seasonal and religious observances, festivals, sports and craft fairs among others.
Importantly, with the Trust’s responsibility for the management of the Mille Fleurs, Nelson Island and Banwari properties, this role plays a critical role in managing bookings by third parties and assisting with organising events at these locations in addition to regular Trust events. The Events Officer works within the Business Development and Marketing department and reports into the head of this unit.
- Assist the planning of and execution of events as approved by the management and Council of the National Trust in a manner that promotes the positive reputation of the NTTT.
- Produce reports on budgets and participation in calendar of events.
- Produce monthly reports on the reputational and financial impact of events hosted.
- Make recommendations for improving policies and processes that will improve efficiency of NTTT’s events.
- Make recommendations for relevant assets to be acquired that will improve the quality and effectiveness of events.
- Liaise with customers interested in renting NTTT properties and make recommendations on the feasibility of rental proposals.
- Manage the booking of NTTT properties.
- Supervise set up and removal of décor and other infrastructure utilised for events at NTTT managed properties.
- Assist in development of marketing plans and materials for NTT-managed properties.
- Any other related duties that may arise from projects in the Business
Development, Marketing, Education & Outreach Unit.
Required Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to organise tasks within a project management framework and work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent emotional intelligence, interpersonal and teamworking skills.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to listen for feedback and clarify understanding across cross functional team mates, expected outcomes, roles and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of programs effectively.
- Able to negotiate, effectively manage budgets within assigned amounts and report on activity execution.
- A self-starter, able to show proactivity in suggesting, designing and executing activities with effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Capable of managing entire projects and co-ordinating many people at various levels, internal and external to the organisation.
- Bsc. degree related to marketing, business management, or tourism marketing.
- Desirable experience in the fields of Event Management, Customer Relations, Entertainment or Cultural Heritage will be an advantage.
- This position is six (6) month temporary engagement.