St. Francis of Assisi R.C. Church
Property of interest located in the in the City of Port of Spain. It is bounded by Richmond Street to the West and Sackville Street to the South and Sackville Street Parcel No. 20 to the East.
On the 25th May 1902, Saint Francis church, Belmont, was blessed by Archbishop Flood. The church was designed by Irish Architect, Ashlin but the building was actually built by George Brown under the supervision of Fr. Vincent Sutherland, O.P., the Dominican Vicar General. The architectural style of the building is Irish Romanesque style, with the typical rounded arches and windows, many pillared doorways and round tower. The walls of local limestone were two and a half feet thick. The church was dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi and completed in 1902. It has remained under the jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Port of Spain.
Address: 146 Belmont Circular Road
Region: Port of Spain
Site Type: Cultural Heritage
Public Accessibility: Limited Access
Site Features: Places of Worship
146 Belmont Circular Road, Belmont, Port of Spain