All Saints’ Church

In

This site is on the Heritage Asset Register which is the official list of Trinidad and Tobago’s historic sites that are worthy of notation and preservation. The register is authorized by the National Trust of Trinidad and Tobago’s Council and is by no means exhaustive. The sites on the Heritage Asset Register are not owned by the National Trust of Trinidad and Tobago. The Trust welcomes any historical information and oral histories the public wishes to share with us concerning this site via the feedback form.

The All Saints’ Chapel was erected by governor Sir H. MacLeod with the foundation stone being laid by Lady Henrietta MacLeod on November 4, 1844. It was consecrated in 1848 by Bishop Parry of Barbados, as a chapel-of-ease for Trinity parish. All Saints’ was later enlarged and made an independent church in 1868.

The church was built in the neo-gothic architectural style with Lavantille stone in a coarse ashler pattern. It features a double gabled roof with tall lancet windows and rondel windows in gable ends. The interior features hard wood roof trusses and a highly ornate and unique altar. 

 

Property of interest located on a parcel of land situated in the City of Port of Spain, bounded on the north by Marli Street, on the south by No. 12, Queen’s Park West (known as “Boissière House”), on the east by Queen’s Park West  and on the west by Woodford Street.

 

Other Known Name: All Saints’ Anglican Church

Address: 13 Queen’s Park West

Town/City: Port of Spain

Region: Port of Spain

Site Type: Cultural Heritage

Ownership: Private

Public Accessibility: Limited Access

Listing Status: Stage 7 – Notice of Intention has been published in the Trinidad and Tobago Gazette, the owners have been informed and the intention to list has been published in at least three issues of a daily newspaper

Grade: Grade 2 – Property in which material change may be permitted, provided that similarity is maintained in all respects as it origined composition, shape and form.

Cultural Community: British

Site Features: Places of Worship

 

Address:

13 Queen’s Park West, Port of Spain