- Copyright; Use of Content. COPYRIGHT 2016 the National Trust of Trinidad and Tobago, 68-70 Sackville Street, Sterling Building, Port of Spain. All rights reserved.
Some materials on the Website may contain other proprietary and copyright information relating to those materials. All photographs, information, materials and other content contained on the Website are owned by the National Trust, its contributors and licensors. The Website contains original works of authorship that are proprietary property of the National Trust, its contributors or licensors, which are protected under Copyright Laws. It is prohibited to copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, alter or prepare any derivative works from any material from the Website, including without limitation, code, software, photographs, graphics and images, without prior express written consent of the National Trust, or as stated on the material.
If permission is given to use any material, such permission to use, copy and distribute materials delivered from the Website is hereby granted under the following conditions:
This Section 1 (including the above copyright notice and this permission notice) must appear in all copies;
a) Any use of the materials available from the Website must be for informational purposes only and in no instance for commercial purposes; and b) No materials available from the Website can be modified in any way.
- Notice for Claims of Copyright Infringement. Pursuant to the Copyright Act of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, if you believe that your work has been posted on the Website without your permission and infringes upon your copyright, please submit a written or e-mail notice to the National Trust’s designated agent with the following information:
a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted work that is allegedly infringed; b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim to have been infringed; c) A description of the location of the material that you claim to be infringed or to be the subject of infringement, including the URL of the location on the Website; d) Your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address; e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law; and f) A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the above notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
The National Trust’s designated agent is: The Chief Executive Officer, email@example.com. If you knowingly materially misrepresent the material or activity infringing upon a copyright on the Website, you may be liable for damages, including costs and attorney fees incurred by the National Trust as a result of the National Trust’s reliance upon such misrepresentation.
- Trademarks. The National Trust of Trinidad and Tobago, and all other names and logos of the National Trust and historic sites referenced herein are trademarks of the National Trust. All rights reserved to the National Trust. Unauthorized use of any National Trust trademark or logo may be a violation of law.
- Information Warranty Disclaimer. All materials and related graphics provided by the Website and any other materials which are referenced by or linked to the Website are provided “as is” without warrant of any kind. The National Trust hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to any materials provided by the Website or any other materials which are referenced by or linked to the Website, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness or a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The National Trust does not warrant the accuracy, quality, content, or legality of any materials provided by the website or any other materials that are referenced by or linked to the Website and assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the materials provided by the Website or any other materials which are referenced by or linked to the Website. In no event shall the National Trust be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential damages, or for damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information contained in any materials provided by the Website or in any other materials which are referenced by or linked to the Website, under any theory of liability used.
- Disclaimer of Endorsement. Any mention of a product, service, company or sole proprietor on the Website or in links to the Website shall not constitute nor be construed as an endorsement of any such product, service, company or sole proprietor by the National Trust.
- Registration. You may be required to create an account and may be designated a username and password to access certain sections or functions of the Website. Registered users agree to:
a) Provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself; b) Maintain and promptly update your registration to keep it accurate and current; c) Not submit personal identifiable information if you are less than 18 years old; d) Maintain the confidentiality of your username and password; and e) Immediately notify the National Trust of any unauthorized use of your username and password.
You understand and agree that you will be solely responsible for any and all uses of your username and password, and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the National Trust from any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of your username and password.
- Content Posted by Third Parties. The Website may provide the opportunity to share information through blogs, online discussions, and other means. The National Trust encourages you to respect others and their opinions and to be succinct when posting on the Website. Any party who posts information to the Website agrees not to:
a) Post material which is: (i) defamatory, obscene, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening or harmful in anyway, (ii) about candidates for political office, (iii) in violation of the privacy or publicity rights of any other person, (iv) irrelevant or off-topic, (v) spam or unauthorized advertising, (vi) containing of viruses, corrupted files or other material that may cause damage to another computer, the Website or servers, (vii) a violation of any copyright or trademark, or (viii) a violation of any law or regulation. b) Falsify or delete author attributions, legal notices or other proprietary designations; or c) Represent himself or herself as someone else, including employees and representatives of the National Trust.
The National Trust is under no obligation to monitor the information residing on or transmitted to the Website; however, any party who posts information to the Website agrees that the National Trust may take appropriate action in order to prevent violation of the rights of the National Trust or other parties, in order to comply with any law, regulation or other governmental request, or in order to operate the Website properly or to protect itself or others. The National Trust reserves the right to modify, reject, or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to the Website that, in its sole discretion, is believed to be unacceptable or in violation of these Terms and Conditions. The use, distribution, or publication of any materials posted by third parties does not constitute or imply an endorsement of such materials or of any opinions or comments in such materials by the National Trust. The National Trust disclaims all responsibility for any defamatory, obscene, copyright or trademark infringing material posted to the Website by any third party. The National Trust retains the right to remove any member, revoke membership in any program, and/or to prohibit any person or entity from participating in any program, when necessary for the benefit of the program, in the National Trust’s sole discretion.
Any party who posts information to the Website represents that it is the sole owner of the rights in the materials posted by him/her (including all related copyrights) or that the posting party has the absolute right to license their use as provided in this section. While the posting party will retain ownership of the copyright in the materials he/she posts, the posting parties agrees that all of the materials he/she posts shall become part of the database, and that the National Trust will own the compilation copyright in that database. The posting party acknowledges that any postings are public and not confidential, and the posting party has no reasonable expectation of privacy when posting on the Website. The posting party hereby grants the National Trust perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute its postings on the Website, any portion of such posting and any derivative works created from such posting, in print, electronic or any other media, by any means now known or developed in the future. The National Trust may sublicense all of its rights and licenses or assign them to third parties. Neither the National Trust nor any third party using the posting in accordance with this section will be obligated to pay the posting party any royalties or other compensating for use of the posting. The National Trust shall have no duty to attribute authorship of the posting to the posting party. The National Trust shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
- Links to National Trust Website. The use of links to the Website located on other websites or contained in e-mails or other electronic formats must comply with the following:
a) The appearance, position and other aspects of the link to the Website may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with the National Trust name and trademark; b) The appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, affiliated with, endorsed by, or otherwise associated with the National Trust; and c) The National Trust reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time and in its sole discretion.
- Links to Third Party Websites. The Website may provide links to websites owned and operated by third parties, which are provided for convenience only. The National Trust does not own or control third party sites. You agree to access the third party links at your own risk and to review the terms and conditions, and privacy policies posted on third party sites. The National Trust makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or functioning of any third party links, and does not endorse the owner of another site, its contents, or its products or services.
- Updates. The National Trust may update or make changes to the materials provided on the Website at any time without notice; however, the National Trust makes no commitment to update information contained herein, and makes no representation or warranty concerning the accuracy of any information.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and save harmless the National Trust and their respective trustees, directors, employees, representatives, licensors and third party providers to the Website from and against all liability, loss, cost or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to: a) your use of and access to the Website; b) your violation of any of these Terms and Conditions; c) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any privacy, property or intellectual property rights; d) any claim that one of your postings or submissions to the Website caused damage to a third party; e) your violation of any law, rule or legislation of The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago; or f) any other party’s access to and use of the Website with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code. This defence, indemnification and save harmless obligation will survive these Terms and Conditions and your use of the Website.
- Miscellaneous. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall remain valid and enforceable. No action or inaction of the National Trust shall be construed as a waiver of any part of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions supersede any prior oral or written understanding or communications between you and the National Trust and constitute the entire agreement between you and the National Trust with respect to the subject matter hereof. National Trust reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation the right to block access from a particular Internet address.